1.27.2011

I walked to work today

Flash in one hand, camera in the other and red gel for the creation of another reality.

There's a shot in here, if you'll notice, of one of my favorite fence posts in the city (if one can have one of those). The Stephen Girard Elementary school behind it is new as of the 50's or 60's. The original fence and building seen here in the 30's. I want to hug whomever decided to keep the fence even though the older building may, at one point, have become too expensive to maintain. The detail of a globe and inscription of "PPS" (Philadelphia Public School) below are details you'd never find today. I've found other globe fences in the neighborhood too...hmm I smell another blog post.

MAKE SURE YOU EXPAND THE SCREEN WITH THE OUTWARD POINTING ARROW BOX, ON THE RIGHT HAND CORNER OF THE SLIDE SHOW BELOW, AFTER YOU HIT PLAY.

No comments: